Winter in Transylvania (Dracula, Beer, Gastronomy and Culture) - EUR 250.00 / Person
Day 1: Arrival to Sibiu (20 Km)
Our suggestion is Ryan Air: Departure from Dublin Airport 15:30 – Arrival to Sibiu Airport 21:00
As soon as the Flight gets to Sibiu, a car will be waiting for you. Transfer to the accommodation not far away from the Heart of the Town.
Day 2: Sibiu – Sibiu guided City Tour – Paltinis – Rasinari – Sibiu (70 Km)
After Breakfast we will proceed by foot through the former European Cultural Capital in 2007. On a stroll through the city, you will get the first information’s about how and why the Saxons settled in Transylvania. You will find out why Transylvania managed to evolve and become one of the strongest regions of Romania as we know it today. We will visit the main attractions of the city and get to know their history. Enough History for today. We proceed with the Bus towards the Mountains in one of the Ski Areas close to Sibiu to have a snow experience in the Carpathian Mountains. After spending a few hours at fresh air, we will drive to a Sheppard’s village (Rasinari) on our way back to Sibiu. Here we will have the chance to visit a local Inn Keeper and have a Lunch with traditional Romanian food, all done with local products. Of course, there is no traditional Romanian food without the traditional Tuica (is a traditional Romanian spirit that contains ~ 24–65% alcohol by volume (usually 40–55%), prepared only from plums) and this Inn Keeper sure knows how it is done. Later in the Afternoon we return to Sibiu. The rest of the day can be planned individually.
Day 3: Sibiu
This day is free for whatever you feel like doing. Sibiu offers a variety of Museums, Spa, Restaurants, Pubs and more. For the best spots in town (Quality and Price) please feel free to ask the Staff of the accommodation, they will gladly help with the needed information. If you don’t feel like spending the day in Sibiu, we can gladly help with additional Day tours in the surrounding of Sibiu. Feel free to ask at the reception.
Day 4: Sibiu – Brasov – Dracula Castle in Bran – Sibiu Airport (325 Km)
After Breakfast we check out. We load the luggage’s in the Bus and drive to Brasov. Brasov is one of the 7 cities the Saxons build in Transylvania. It is the only city which has a Mountain in the middle of the city. After a guided Tour through the city, we can spend some individual time in Brasov. We meet again and proceed to Bran where we will be visiting the Bran Castle also known as the Dracula Castle. Commonly known outside Transylvania as Dracula's Castle, it is often referred to as the home of the title character in Bram Stoker's Dracula. There is no evidence that Stoker knew anything about this castle, which has only tangential associations with Vlad the Impaler, voivode of Wallachia, the putative inspiration for Dracula. Stoker's description of Dracula's crumbling fictional castle also bears no resemblance to Bran Castle. The castle is now a museum dedicated to displaying art and furniture collected by Queen Marie. Tourists can see the interior on their own or by a guided tour. At the bottom of the hill is a small open-air museum exhibiting traditional Romanian peasant structures (cottages, barns, water-driven machinery, etc.) from the Bran region. In the Afternoon we drive back to Sibiu Airport.
Our suggestion is Ryan Air: Departure from Sibiu Airport 22:20 – Arrival to Dublin Airport 23:50
- All Transfers from/to Sibiu Airport as mentioned in the Itinerary with a car / bus (depending on the nr of persons)
- English speaking driver/guide according to the itinerary on the second and last day
- 3 x Accommodation with breakfast in Sibiu in Carpathian Villa 3* (https://carpathian-hotels.com/en/hotels/carpathian-hotel-sibiu/)
- 1 x Lunch with traditional Romanian food and beverage (Tuica) in Rasinari on day 2
- Entrance fee to the Bran Castle / Dracula Castle in Bran
- 15 % discount for additional daytrip from / to Sibiu (on spot)
- Info material, Romania map
Not included Services:
- Arrival / Departure from Sibiu by Plane
- Photo fee (Bran Castle in Bran)
- Meals other than stated
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Alcoholic drinks or other private costs (souvenirs etc.)
- EUR 250.00 / Person in shared Double Room
- Supplement for Single Room: EUR 40.00 / Person
- Supplement for accommodation in 3* hotel, central located: EUR 40.00 / Person
- Supplement for accommodation in 4* hotel, central located: EUR 50.00 / Person
This tour has daily guaranteed operation starting with 2 participants
Available to book from 07.01 to 11.04.2022.
More details about this offer: [email protected]