Two Castles in One Day
Meeting point: In front of the Romanian Athenaeum just in front of the little garden (1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest), next to Athenee Palace Hilton Hotel.
Departure hour: 08:00 AM
Operating days: Daily
Duration: 12-13 hours
Highlights of the tour:
- Small-Group Tour: No more than 16 people for a more personal and intimate experience. A chance to really discover the secrets of Transylvania while making new friends
- Friendly, Experienced Guide: Feel welcome, relaxed, and able to enjoy the tour to its fullest. Ask your burning questions and learn from your knowledgeable guide
- Visit Peles Castle, the former residence of the Romanian Royal Family and the most visited castle in Romania
- Discover the famous Bran Castle also known as Dracula’s castle; It is considered that Bram Stocker’s novel was inspired by Bran Castle and Vlad the Impaler, one of the cruellest ruler of the Walachia region of Romania
- Have a guided walking tour of Brasov, with its medieval streets and admire the impressive and well-preserved architecture of a typical Transilvanian city
This is a small-group full-day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a scenic route through the Carpathian Mountains to discover two beautiful Romanian castles (Peles Royal Castle & Bran Dracula’s Castle) and the charming city of Brasov.
This is a small group full-day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a very picturesque route through the Carpathian Mountains allowing you to discover two of the most beautiful Romanian castles.
At 08:00 am, you will leave Bucharest heading north towards the Carpathian Mountains and Transylvania.
The first stop is Sinaia, a beautiful mountain resort, where you will visit Peleş Royal Castle – the former residence of the Romanian Royal Family.
Continue the day with a scenic drive through the Carpathian Mountains and, in about 1 hour, arrive at Bran where you will visit Bran medieval castle, also known as Dracula’s castle.
Before heading back to Bucharest, we will remain in Transylvania and stop for a short time in Braşov, a typical medieval city. You will stop in the Council Square and start a short walking tour in the Old Town. You will learn more about the story of the Saxons in Transylvania, admire the impressive and well-preserved architecture, see the Black Church (symbolic building of the city – view from outside) and discover which is the second narrowest street in Europe, the Rope Street.
- Peles Castle is closed on Mondays, on this day, you will visit Cantacuzino Castle.
- During the official holidays and weekends, the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual, so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9 – 10 pm).
- During the summertime (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov, and the last one will be in Bran.
|English speaking guide||Yes||-|
|Transport in air-conditioned car/van||Yes||-|
|Lunch||there will be a stop for lunch and you can eat together or individually||No||€ 10,00/person|
|Personal expenses (alcohol, souvenirs, etc.)||No||-|